Friday, April 8, 2011

In Denial

If you haven't heard yet, it's because I'm still in denial. I have a new job. It's a good job. I'm designing scrapbook papers to be sold in major craft stores such as Micheal's, Jo-Ann's, & even Target. Although it's always been a dream of mine to have a product I've designed sold at Target, I'm very sad that I'm not going to be around for my kids as much. I'll be working an hour away from home, so I'll be gone 11 hours a day... only to come home & help Tyler run our businesses at night & on Saturdays. I'm going to miss getting the kids ready for the day in the morning. I'm sad that I'll have to find someone to comb Lily's hair for dance pictures next month. I'm going to miss Ella's presentation at school, along with a play she's going to be in while she's Off Track from school. I'm really sad about it all. Hopefully it isn't for too long.

After we moved into our house our business sales dropped in half. We found out that some major companies in Europe were stealing our artwork, having vinyl produced in China, and selling it for less than we can even purchase vinyl for. There's not much we can do about it, since European copyright laws are different from U.S. copyright laws.

In the meantime we've purchased some expensive equipment, and we are in the midst of starting a new business called Say Hello. It should be more difficult for business thieves to steal our artwork from our new products (I hope.) Hopefully we can get it up and running, and profitable soon. Then I can spend time with my kids again. Until then... I may not be around as much.

2 comments:

Lori said...

you will do so great at your new job! i want more details though....so email me...like where it is and what the place is called etc. sorry you have to commute!!! yucka.

and i am excited for you with your new website and products. they look amazing! so sorry that europe has stolen your artwork. what is wrong with people???

Dan said...

congrats on the new job! I wish it was closer for you. And I hope your business takes off again. You probably have it all figured out but shopify is pretty awesome at setting up an online store. (I should have tried that.)