I didn't spend weeks preparing awesome April Fools Day jokes like I have in the past, but I thought the few that I came up with at the last minute were pretty funny. Ella was not impressed by them. It's hard to find a joke to play on Ella. She doesn't like crazy surprises.Yesterday morning while making her lunch, I emptied out a bag of fruit snacks. I replaced them with a cookie, some jelly beans, and a small toy, then re-sealed the bag to look like new. I figured since she likes all of the above more than fruit snacks, that it would be a funny and happy surprise for her. I was wrong. She was not happy about it. When she expects fruit snacks... she wants fruit snacks. It totally threw her off. Lily on the other hand was quite pleased with what she found in her pack of fruit snacks.
Lily: Oh my! These are not fruit snacks.
Before Ella left for school I showed her the Easter dress I had bought for her. Little did she know, that the Easter dress came with a mini replica for her doll. When Ella returned home from school I showed her the replica and told her that I had accidentally shrunk her dress. Without hesitation, she replied: “umm mom, that's a doll dress.”
In the years past I've tried switching beds with my kids, but that too backfired. I just ended up with crying kids for the rest of the night.
If anyone has any good jokes I can play on Ella next year. Let me know! She's a tough one to trick.
2 comments:
hmmm- i will have to think. good job trying to surprise them. i am glad lily liked the fruit snack trick.
my neighbors play all sorts of tricks on their kids, I have never gotten into it, I always felt me kids wouldn't appreciate my humor... or I would end up with emotional breakdowns, but I like your "sweet" tricks!
Maybe next year I will make a dinner that looks like dinner but is really dessert, I have had friends do that, a cupcake that is actually meatloaf and lash potatoes!
Post a Comment