Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Valentine Family Tradition





Since I was small, I've always loved Valentines Day. Even more than Christmas. You might think it's weird for a young kid to love Valentines Day so much, but my family had a very fun tradition. Each year my moms brothers & sisters would leave elaborate Valentine gifts on our doorstep. In return we also spent months preparing & making over-the-top Valentine gifts for them. It was fun to sneak around their doors, spending several minutes setting up an adorable display, then hiding so we wouldn't be caught after ringing their doorbell. I remember having all our Valentines we got set up on the kitchen counter and admiring the beautiful sparkly pieces of art for several days after wards. Each valentine was very clever with a lot of detail.

Our family has carried on the tradition. All though our Valentines to one another aren't as elaborate as I remember them being growing up (at least the Valentines we give out). It's still a fun tradition. I hope to be able to make more time next year for this fun tradition. Thanks Mom, Trisha, & Call Family for the cute gifts. We love them.

2 comments:

Jami said...

what a fun tradition! Did Ella loose another tooth?
I hope you enjoyed your valentines Day and got to be the "stay at home mome" you wanted to be! Love you guys :)

Emily Call said...

I think I may be stealing your pictures because my kids tore open everything before I could get my camera out.
Happy Valentine's Day!