Sunday, November 22, 2009

An early Thanksgiving & some good news!

We celebrated Thanksgiving early tonight. As you can see by the gifts below, Trisha-Claus made an appearance at the festivities.

Ella and Cait had fun making and decorating ornaments.

Trisha-Claus gave all the girls cute matching silver skirts. Lily LOVED hers. She carried it around most of the night, until she got tired of carrying it around and finally just put it on.

Lily & Trisha
I couldn't get Lily to take her new skirt off tonight when I put her to bed... she insisted on wearing it to bed.

Speaking of bed and Thanksgiving. I am soooo thankful that my kids are officially sleeping through the night! YAY! They still have a night here and there where they have bad dreams or don't feel well, but for the most party they are sleeping! Not only are they sleeping through most nights, they are going to bed early and sleeping until morning. I know I keep going on and on about it, but I thought this day would never come. I just can't tell you how happy I am. Ella has always had a hard time sleeping for most of her life due to her high anxiety. She finally started sleeping better this Spring... but Lily was still not sleeping through the night. In fact, Lily refused to sleep most of this year, probably because she was teething? Sometimes I don't think she was really in pain though, she just wanted to play during the night. Then, this summer Ella stopped sleeping again as well, due to her case of Roundworm which made her cough all night & her tummy hurt. Well, we think & hope that Ella's roundworm is finally gone & Lily has most of her teeth now. So YAY! Now Tyler and I just need to teach ourselves how to sleep again. We are so used to being up all night for the past Five and a half years, that we have a hard time settling down at night.

7 comments:

Lori said...

those silver skirts are adorable! and Ella looks so much older on your banner! she is growing up. and i am SO happy for you that the girls are sleeping!!!!!

Jami said...

that is so exciting!!!

Emily Call said...

I love Trisha Claus and I love that your girls are getting sleep! Yay!

courtney brooke said...

i want trisha claus to come visit my home!!

Brooke said...

Your mom made a comment at Grandpas house the other night about your kids going to bed at 7pm and how they are good sleepers now. Yeah! I bet that has changed your life!

Megan said...

Looks like a good time was had by all. Great photos.

Happy Thanksgiving. I'm so thankful to have you as a friend! :)

Heather said...

Cute pics! And yay for sleeping through the night -- that is wonderful!