Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Happy Birthday Ryan!

Ryan is charismatic, funny, smart, & entrepreneurial. When I was in High School, Ryan was only 5 or 6 years old. He got home from school before anyone in the family. One day in October I came home to find him selling pumpkins out on the front porch. He was wearing a sticker on his shirt that he had written the word "Boss" on. His friend was wearing a sticker that read "worker." I asked him where he got the pumpkins. He replied, "from our garden." He had asked my dad what he was going to do with the pumpkins, and my dad said he wasn't going to do anything with them. Ryan decided this would be the perfect opportunity to make some money. He sold a ton of pumpkins. He made enough money to buy a new bike! I was 12 years older than him. I had a job, and still I had never had that much money.
I also remember when he was in Middle School, he made enough money fixing his friends bikes, and selling marked up trading cards to buy a motorcycle. Yes a MOTORCYCLE! Not a dirt bike. He wasn't even old enough (nor would he be for a few years) to drive it yet. He would sit his skinny little body on this huge motorcycle and rev the engine until my mom made him get rid of it. I remember thinking, I wish I could afford to buy myself a motorcycle.
He cracks me up, I could go on & on telling stories about him. I hope he has a nice birthday!

2 comments:

Emily Call said...

First of all, cute new look to your blog! Happy Birthday Ryan... I love remembering all the funny stories from when Ryan was little. I love when he would pretend to be a manaquin at the mall in his oversized shirt and sweatpants! ha ha.

Brooke said...

Happy Birthday to Ryan!

P.S. I am so jealous of yours and Emily's cute blog backgrounds. You are so talented!