Wednesday, January 6, 2010

No digging yet

Our house is coming along nicely. It's coming along slower than we had hoped for, but so much easier to build than our last house. I haven't had to dig any holes! Tyler has had more than his share of problems though. For example... they dug our hole wrong, but luckily Tyler got them to fix it (so that we didn't have to fix it by hand this time.) They laid the foundation forms wrong. Tyler spent almost 2 full days measuring to find the problem. They poured our foundation wrong, so we don't get a cute little curve on the outside of our house that we had planned (but oh well... stuff like that happens.)
Our temporary power box needed a new Circut Breaker... Home Depot & Lowes didn't carry one that would fit & pass code, Luckily Tyler knows how to make a circuit breaker. He was able to make one that fit & passed code. We also needed a certain size tube that we couldn't find anywhere! After searching the city, we finally decided to dumpster dive for one, then Tyler cut it to fit what we needed.
Today we headed over to the house to get some exact measurements so that our trusses will fit just right. Ella & Lily were excited to see their new bedrooms. It was fun for me to walk through the house and see what it will really look like. Tyler designed the plan almost 4 years ago... so I was curious to see how close it fit my imagination. We are getting great deals on some of the finishing touches & we can't wait to invite you all over once our house is finally done.
Tyler thinks it will be done in March. I am not as optimistic as he, and will be hoping for April or early May.

5 comments:

Laura said...

woooo hooo!!!! It's getting framed!

Dan said...

This is awesome to watch your house being built! I have a relative who renovated their house and put a time capsule inside one of the walls...

Briana Ward said...

How fun!!! That is so exciting and to think that you guys designed it yourselves, wow!!! Can't wait to see what it looks like :)

Laura Stringham said...

I can't believe you guys could even do all that yourselves if you had to! I need to see the plans. It's a need. A necessity.

Princess Academy said...

yahoo for framing It is coming Hang in there --I would look t the longer due date --that way when it is done earlier its like Christmas!