Friday, August 22, 2008
Quick Update
Tyler and I find and try to secure a rental almost daily. We had a great place secured, but found out a couple of days ago that the owners of the home decided they wanted to do some fancy landscaping, and increase the rent to $300 per month above what we had agreed on. Obviously Tyler and I were not willing to pay an extra $300 a month for landscaping that will most likely be covered with snow most the time we live there. We looked at some foreclosures, but wouldn't be able to move in for another 60 days. We've looked everywhere from West Jordan to Lehi. Yesterday we filled out a credit report for a home in South Jordan, but still haven't heard back from them when we'd be able to move in. The home still has lots of repairs, broken windows, & etc. Today we found a fabulous house, but it doesn't have carpet yet, and still needs to pass an inspection. We are supposed to start moving Monday. We are closing on our house Wednesday. I have a feeling we might be renting a U-Haul to store everything, and camping out a few nights until we are able to find a place. Ella asked if we could drive by the house we will be moving to, we told her we wanted to keep it a surprise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow, Holly, you are doing amazing! It's so hard when things don't happen until the 11th (or 12th!) hour, but I'm sending good thoughts that the perfect home will open up!
P.S. Cute cover story for Ella! It's a surprise for everyone, right?!
Holly you are such a trooper! Everything will work out great, hopefully you won't be homeless for long! Can I help you- please??? call me if you need me to pick up Ella and Lily- we would love it!!!
Or I can help you pack or clean- whatever!
Thanks for the update -how frustrating! Check out home tending -I have a friend who has a company. I'm not sure if she has any available homes but she may --google cathy cardenas on line and you'll find her company
Good luck with all of this! I am assuming you are going to start building on your land and this house searching and living in it is all temporary?
Post a Comment