
Emily and I accidentally took the girls on an hour long tour of the South Jordan museum today. The museum is possibly smaller than my house, so you may be wondering why it would take an hour. At the end, our guide politely asked us if we had any questions and apologized for giving us the
"quick version" of the tour. Ella has been there before, and had been begging to come back. Last time she was here, the tour was only 3 minutes long, then she and her friends had and hour of play time. I think she was confused why she had to listen to our tour guide for so long instead of playing, but she and Cait were great sports! I'm glad she was able to learn about the
mining process, and how the grocery store clerk long ago used to lean on his cash register as he chatted with local customers so often that he wore all the printing off the machine. She also learned the history of a middleweight boxer named
Gene Fullmer (which I proudly told the tour guide was my sister-in-laws dad... although he is not.) So if you're looking for a way to punish your 3 year old, stop by the museum and ask for a tour.
Afterthought:
I do have to say that the museum really is a nice place, and the guide was very friendly. I think he was just bored, and wanted to share everything he knew with us. The girls had fun playing afterwards.
2 comments:
so wait... Gene Fullmer isn't your SIL's dad? ha ha ha. What a funny day we had.
thats too funny! I love the museum, but I have never asked for the tour! I think Gene Fullmer and Cherese's dad were really good friends if that counts? At least they may have known each other in the boxing world! You crack me up!
Post a Comment