Saturday, July 24, 2010

Daily Morning Surprises

We didn't set Lily's crib up in our new house, which means she is free to roam the house at night. I suspected at our rental that Lily had never slept an entire night. My suspicions have been confirmed now that she is crib free. I often hear her roaming the house at night. I can hear her tapping in the hallways in her dance shoes, spinning in circles on the wood floor in her sandles, and doing what ever it is that she does to make so much noise in her room through our supposedly sound proof wall we put up between our bedroom and hers. Every night we put her to bed in her pajamas. Last night she wore her sponge-bob nightwear, this morning when she emerged from her bedroom she was dressed in Ella's dance costume, ballet slippers, matching headband, and all. I know that she had to search high and low last night for this costume, as I had hidden it on the other side of the house in the laundry room. It's fun to see what she is wearing each morning. It is not so much fun to hear her up and about all night, and worry that she is not getting enough sleep.

3 comments:

Lori said...

seriously- can she be any more hilarious??? though i hope she realizes she needs to sleep.

kstrack said...

She is a cutie! but seriously you are a nice mom! I would seriously be putting the crib up! :)

Laura Stringham said...

that is hilarious. like -laughing out loud, my husband is asking me what's so funny - hilarious. lizzy does the same thing at night when she's not locked in her bedroom, but i don't think she travels so far in the house. why do our children not sleep?