Monday, September 22, 2008

Self Sufficient


Ella: Mom, remember when I was a little girl, like when I was 2, and you had to take care of me.
Me: Yes
Ella: And now I'm bigger, and you don't take care of me, cause I can take care of myself.
Me: I don't have to take as much care of you now, but I still take care of you.
Ella: How do you?
Me: I feed you, and wash you, and do your laundry.
Ella: But remember you gave me the washing machine for my birthday, and I just let you use it? Is that so nice of me?

It's true, I did give her the washing machine for her birthday. I can't believe she remembers, as she didn't act very excited about it when she unwrapped it. She's never used it since it's been hers, I guess it's pretty nice of her to let me use it.

4 comments:

Lori said...

Oh that Ella!

Funny what kids remember!

Jami said...

cute- did you get your new camera?

Lisa said...

This makes me laugh! Sounds like you need to wrap up the stove and give it to her for Christmas! ha hah ha!

Princess Academy said...

I love her birthday gift --what did she think? They grow up so big --why do they think they are like 15 years older then they are? They are in such a hurry to speed up their age an I would love to slow it down and enjoy this stage a little more