Sunday, July 27, 2008

What's in Lily's mouth?


It's a Tyranosaurus Rex!
Almost every question asked into our house lately ends with the answer "T-Rex."

Me (at the bridal show): Ella which diamond ring do you like the best? Ella: T-Rex.

Me: What do you want for lunch? Ella: Ummm, do we have T-Rex?

My mom: Cait, which princess do you like the best?
Cait: Cinderella.
Ella: I like T-Rex.

Last week while we were camping, we all took turns contributing to a story that Justin started. Of course when it was Ella's turn she said, "Then T-Rex came and ate all the people."

Today Ella was asked to give a talk in Sharing time next month. When I asked her if she would be willing to give a talk, she got very excited about it. She was even more excited when I mentioned that she could help me write the talk, and I'd let her draw pictures to show the kids. Then I asked a question, I should have already known the answer to. I asked her what she wanted to talk about. I shouldn't have asked.
She promptly replied, "Dinosaurs, and I can draw a picture of T-Rex." She was so excited, she wanted to go back to church right then, and give her talk on Dinosaurs tonight.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can incorporate T-Rex into a two minute talk that's supposed uplift children & teach them gospel principles?

5 comments:

Lori said...

I know---you could have the talk about heavenly father's creations. and how he did create dinosaurs and then add present day animals etc. maybe do a whole talk on the creation of the world...

very funny about ella's fettish with t-rex!

Jami said...

thats funny- really can't tell you how to do that! katie had the lesson last week at church and she froze for half of it and I gave the talk! O-well!! She had practiced and practiced and was so excited but just got a little stage fright

Emily Call said...

You could tell a story on honesty or something and have the characters be dinosaurs! I think it would really get the kids' attention. Funny, Ella!

Karli said...

ha ha ha that is so cute! you'll have to let us know how the talk goes and how you got a t-rex in there somehow

Heather said...

Hahahaha! Ella is completely adorable! I love how she is so into stuff like cars and T-Rex. So fun!

P.S. Lily is getting so big! Both your girls are so beautiful!